Sport Canada Athlete Assistance Program (AAP)
Sport Canada AAP Carded athletes registered with Canadian Sport Institute/PacificSport planning to access services while visiting a Canadian Sport Institute/Centre outside of British Columbia must contact a Canadian Sport Institute Athlete Coach Services Coordinator at least two weeks in advance of their departure. Each Canadian Sport Institute/Centre location has a different service delivery process, and it is essential that the athlete follows the correct process. Athletes who do not follow the appropriate process for accessing services will be personally responsible for any expenses incurred.
Sport Canada Carded athletes should also review the Athlete Assistance Program materials. Topics of interest may include:
- Tuition Support & Deferred Tuition
- Special-Needs Assistance
- Child-Care Expenses
- Relocation Assistance
- Retirement Assistance
- The Bell Connect program offers a special rate plan to all of Canada’s senior national team athletes. Find out more about the Bell Connect program.
- The Team Investors Group Amateur Athlete Bursary is awarded to twenty of Canada’s top senior national team athletes each year. For out more about the Team Investors Group Amateur Athlete Bursary.
- Leadership Handbook
The Athlete Learning Gateway
- Created and hosted by the IOC, the Athlete Learning Gateway is an innovative new way for elite athletes to study while training and competing. The service is available for you to use at any time, wherever you are, free of charge. Short courses feature academic lecture videos created by leading academics and professionals from the world of sport. They also include practical insights from top athletes, coaches and inspirational leaders.
- Visit The Athlete Learning Gateway
Sport Dispute Resolution Centre of Canada (SDRCC)
The SDRCC helps to prevent conflicts and, when they are inevitable, resolve them.
SportMed BC Directory of Practitioners
The SportMed Directory of Practitioners is a comprehensive resource that identifies sport medicine and sport science professionals who are dedicated to the development and delivery of services for the benefit of the sport, recreation, and fitness communities in British Columbia.
BC Ferries Experience Program
BC Ferries and ViaSport recognize that travel is often a barrier to amateur sport teams as they seek competitive opportunities for their athletes.
To assist in removing this barrier, the BC Ferries Sport Experience Program has been developed to provide travel support to not for profit sport organizations. Eligible applicants may apply for up to $400 in ferry vouchers. Through this exciting program, BC Ferries and ViaSport will assist with ferry travel costs for eligible athletes.
Applications are accepted between April 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. For eligibility criteria and application details, please visit their website.
NSF International Certified for Sport Program
NSF International is a public health and safety company whose Certified for Sport program makes it easy for athletes and coaches to identify nutritional supplements that do not contain any banned substances and are safe to take.
For more resources and information on Clean Sport, Supplement and WADA Anti-Doping policies, click here
101 Daily Mental Performance Tips & 101 Hockey Winning Mindset Tips
Get your *FREE* Daily Mental Performance Tips from Best Selling Author and Lead Human Performance Consultant Isabelle Hamptonstone, CEO of the award-winning Brain Train International and author of Hockey Confidence. MORE INFO
- Learn how to direct your mind daily to help you perform to your full potential every single time. and, in less than 1-minute a day!
- GET YOUR FREE 101 DAILY MENTAL PERFORMANCE TIPS HERE and become the athlete YOU want to be!
- GET YOUR FREE 101 HOCKEY WINNING MINDSET TIPS HERE and improve YOUR Hockey Confidence!
Personal Sport Record - **NEW** Performance Data App
Meet your ultimate sports data companion. Experience the easiest way for athletes and teams to use data to take their performance to new levels. MORE INFO
- Comparative real time data for athletes by age, team, and geography
- Historical, qualitative and quantitative data to create team selection & practice plans
- Leave paper based systems and excel file transfers behind for good
- Finally use data to discover athlete strengths and weaknesses
Useful athlete resources can be found through partner organizations such as:
- BC Games Society
- Sport BC
- BC Athlete Voice
- Athletes CAN
- Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport
- World Anti-Doping Agency
- Canadian Sport Institute Pacific
- viaSport BC
- Canadian Sport Institute Calgary
- Canadian Sport Centre Saskatchewan
- Canadian Sport Centre Manitoba
- Canadian Sport Institute Ontario
- L’Institut national du sport du Québec (INS Québec)l
- Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic
- Canadian Olympic Committee
For more information contact our Sport Performance Coordinator.