PLEASE NOTE: The beginning on the program will be pushed back to the fall of 2020, but we are still accepting applications.
INDIGENOUS YOUTH ATHLETE TRAINING PROGRAM (AGES 13 – 17)
In partnership with Indigenous Sport, Physical Activity & Recreation Council (ISPARC), 25 athletes who have demonstrated the drive, skill and determination in their chosen sport will be selected to participate in a specialized Strength and Conditioning program with PacificSport Interior BC’s Performance Training Coaches. This program is designed to help the athletes take their performance to the next level and support them on the proper pathway to develop athletically and enhance their skills to reach their goals in sport excellence.
The program focuses on improving performance and injury prevention.
Sessions will include:
- Testing to assess performance measures pre, mid and post program.
- Weight training with a focus on proper technique.
- Agility training to increase the ability to explosively start, decelerate, change directionand accelerate again while maintaining control.
- Fundamental movement skills and motor pattern development.
- Mobility work
- Sports Psychology and team building sessions
The program will take place on Thursday nights from 6:30pm-8:00pm
- Athlete must submit a letter of support from their coach or teacher.
- Athlete must submit a completed application form before the deadline.
Please submit your application to Erin Pincott via email at email@example.com or drop off at the PacificSport Interior BC offices located upstairs at the Tournament Capital Centre (910 McGill Rd).
Cut off for applications is April 30th, 2020 at 4pm.
Complete applications will be provided to the selection committee who will determine the recipients and notify them by May 7th, 2020.
Please click here for the application package.