In developing and teaching a child, we break down simple skills into key components to help the child learn and understand. Given the opportunity to learn a wide range of physical skills, children acquire the basic building blocks for the competence, confidence, and motivation, to try many physical activities and sports.
Fundamental movement skills are very important to a child’s physical development. When confident and competent in these skills, children can develop sport-specific and complex movement skills.
These skills allow children to enjoy sports and physical activities. Most importantly, with a firm grasp of the fundamental movement skills, a child may enjoy a long life of physical activity.
The National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Fundamental Movement Skills Workshop, presented by TeamSnap, provides a comprehensive introduction to the fundamental movement skills and the core-competencies of the NCCP, with the help of significant hands-on activities.
Through this interactive workshop, participants gain the ability to:
- Detect and correct basic errors for fundamental movement skills in participants so they have a choice to adopt a healthy, active lifestyle;
- Apply a teaching process to promote the development of fundamental movement skills;
- Adapt fundamental movement skills for participants with intellectual, physical, sensory, or behavioural disabilities;
- Lead activities that will promote the development of fundamental movement skills in a safe, responsible manner while interacting with others; and
- Provide stage-appropriate feedback to encourage and develop fundamental movement skills in participants.
Location: Tournament Capital Centre meeting room