Upon completing the Teaching and Learning module, you will be able to:
• assess your own beliefs regarding effective teaching;
• analyze certain coaching situations to determine if they promote learning;
• create conditions that promote learning and self-esteem through:
• appropriate consideration of the affective, cognitive, and motor dimensions of learning;
• the use of words and methods that relate to an athlete’s preferred learning style;
• a sound organization;
• active supervision; and
• the use of well-formulated feedback offered at the right time, and with the right frequency.
• use teaching assessment grids to gather objective information on teaching effectiveness, and use this data to develop an action plan to enhance your own effectiveness as a teacher and coach.
This course will take place in the boardroom of the Chief Louis Centre which is located on the Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc reserve at 345 Chief Alex Thomas Way.
Contact Erin Pincott at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 250-828-3583 with any questions.