Athletes should meet the following criteria:
- Be training as part of a Local Sport Organization that provides consistent training and competitive opportunities
- Be between the ages of 13-17 at the onset of the program
AND (not a mandatory requirement):
- Be tracking towards Provincial or National level athletic success on the performance pathway (BC Games, Canada Games, Team BC or National Championships)
1. Athletes must submit a complete application prior to the application deadline.
2. All athletes will be contacted for a brief athlete interview.
3. 10 Athletes will be selected to participate in the IGNITE Athlete Development Program.
WINTER 2018 Program: February 13, 2018 - June 21, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, January 19th, 2018
Once an application has been submitted, successful applicants are granted an interview and may then be required to complete a basic physical/movement assessment with our Lead Coach.
Program cost is $450, with a $600 PacificSport Interior BC scholarship awarded to each successful applicant (total program value $1050).
Athlete fees can be paid by cash or cheque (payable to PacificSport Interior BC) in full.
IGNITE athletes will have access to:
- Two 60 minute, expert lead training sessions per week
- Lululemon Tech Tee x1
- FREE Access to Sport Edcucation Workshops (Nutrition & Mental Training)
Should an athlete withdraw from the program before its conclusion the athlete will be charged athlete fees for the balance of the program.
Exceptions will be made if athletes are forced to withdraw due to injury and a doctor’s note confirming their injury is presented.
Please send the completed application package to Sport Performance Coordinator, Eryn Bulmer Barrett , by email or in person at the TCC.
2. Athletic Resume
3. 500 Word Essay about why you would like to be part of the IGNITE program
4. One letter of recommendation outlining from the athlete’s primary sport coach outlining:
- The coach's endorsement of their athlete to participate in the IGNITE program
- The coach's endorsement of the prospective athlete (i.e. work ethic, attitude, what the athlete would bring to the program etc.)
- Specific goals the coach wants their athlete to accomplish from the IGNITE Program.
The application deadline for the WINTER 2018 Intake (Feb - June 2018) is Jan. 19, 2018
Athletes will be contacted by January 24, 2018 to schedule an interview.