- Athletes must be registered with an eligible Provincial Sport Organization (see attached list).
- Athletes must either:
> Be/have been a member of their provincial team; or Provincial Development Identification or;
> Scored or achieved a result in competition that meets qualification standards for any of the following:
- Provincial Development (Canada Games, BC Games)
- Provincial Team (Team BC)
- National Championship
> Be working towards provincial or national-level athletic success
- Athletes must be training as part of a Local Sport Organization that provides consistent training and competitive opportunities
- Athletes must be between the ages of 13-17 at the onset of the program
1. Athletes must submit a complete application prior to the application deadline.
2. All athletes will be contacted for a brief athlete interview.
3. 10 Athletes will be selected to participate in the IGNITE Athlete Development Program. Selected athletes will be awarded a scholarship (valued at approximately $600 for the 5 month program term) to help subsidize the cost of the program.
Fall 2017/18 Program Start Date:
Oct 24, 2017 - Mar 15, 2018
Application deadline: October 13, 2017
The 5-month training program accepts applications once per year for a Fall start. Once an application has been submitted, successful applicants are granted an interview and may then be required to complete a basic physical/movement assessment with our Lead Coach.
Program Value is $450, with a $600 PacificSport Interior BC scholarship awarded to each successful applicant.
$450 for 5 months of training. Athlete fees can be paid by cash or cheque (payable to PacificSport Interior BC) in full.
IGNITE athletes will have access to:
- Two 60 minute, expert lead training sessions per week, including high performance facility access
- Lululemon Tech Tee x1
- FREE Access to Sport Edcucation Workshops (Nutrition & Mental Training)
Should an athlete withdraw from the program before its conclusion the athlete will be charged athlete fees for the balance of the program.
Exceptions will be made if athletes are forced to withdraw due to injury and a doctor’s note confirming their injury is presented.
Please send the completed application package to Sport Performance Coordinator, Eryn Bulmer Barrett , by email or in person at the TCC.
2. Athletic Resume
3. 500 Word Essay about why you would like to be part of the IGNITE program
4. One letter of recommendation outlining from the athlete’s primary sport coach outlining:
- The coach's endorsement of their athlete to participate in the IGNITE program
- The coach's endorsement of the prospective athlete (i.e. work ethic, attitude, what the athlete would bring to the program etc.)
- Specific goals the coach wants their athlete to accomplish from the IGNITE Program.
The application deadline for the FALL 2017 Intake (Oct 2017- Mar 2018) is Oct. 13, 2017
Athletes will be contacted by Oct. 17, 2017 to schedule an interview.
2017 Accepted IGNITE Athletes
Congratulations on being accepted into the IGNITE Program!
There are several forms that need to be downloaded and completed.
You can return them by fax to 250-828-3619, email or in person to the TCC or PacificSport office.
1. IGNITE Code of Conduct & Media Release
2. Medical Information, Program Consent and Payment Agreement
3. Kamloops Gymnastics Club Form & Release Waiver - No cost associated with the KGTC forms. Leave the payment information blank.
4. BC Athletics Form - PacificSport will be covering the costs of the basic training insurance for BC Athletics. Please fill out the box on the left hand side, where indicated and make sure you sign at the bottom right.
5. Not due yet.... but we will be asking for an action shot and information to go on the "Meet the Athletes" Page. Take a look at the page and start thinking about what you want to submit.