INSPIRING ATHLETES TO ACHIEVE
The Riptech Diving Club (Thompson Okanagan Diving Training Centre Society) has been in
existence in Kamloops BC for over 18 years. Riptech enjoys a strong recreational and learn to
dive program as well as a solid competitive group of young divers who enjoy success at the
provincial level. We are looking for a head coach who is motivated and has good understanding
of the evolving child athlete. The successful applicant will be responsible for overseeing all club
activities, both recreational and competitive. The Head Coach reports to and works alongside a
committed and supportive Board of Directors to implement the clubs mission and strategic plan.
This is an ideal part time position for a student or person interested in higher education as the
diving facility is located at the Canada Games pool on the grounds of The Thompson Rivers
University (www.tru.ca) in Kamloops.
- Develop and Mentor assistant coaches
- Develops ,implements and evaluates the Learn to Dive (recreational), pre-competitive and
- competitive programs; and ensures technical content of all programs is appropriate for
- skill progression.
- Diver recruitment and long-term development.
- Strong communication skills that create an environment that motivates athletes and other
- coaches to achieve their potential.
- Able to work with a team of volunteers and some outside agencies to sustain a healthy
- and vibrant club and foster its` growth
- Attends Board of Directors meetings and performs other job-related tasks as assigned by
- the Board
- Competition Development Introduction (former Level 2) National Coaching Certification
- Program Certified
- Two years as a diving coach
- CPR & First Aid Certification/Current Drivers License
- Ability to communicate effectively with diver, parents and club coaches
- Proven leadership and organizational skills
- Experience in gymnastics coaching an asset
- Completed Criminal Record Check
Salary: Competitive wage based on experience and qualifications
Interested applicants are invited to forward their resume by email to:
- Riptech Diving (Thompson Okanagan Diving Training Centre Society)
- Attention: Diane Atkinson