Position Title: Sport Performance Coordinator (Interior BC based in Kamloops)
PacificSport Interior BC is a Regional Sport Centre that educates, inspires and engages communities in the sport pathway. The not-for-profit Society is connected to a network of five PacificSport Centres and three National campuses (Canadian Sport Institute) and the Regional Alliance through viaSport BC across the province.
PacificSport Interior BC aims to increase awareness, opportunity and participation in physical activity and sport – from playground to podium – while enhancing access to coaching and athlete programs. The Interior Regional Sport Centre has developed a variety of programs and services to support Interior-based sport initiatives at all stages of the Canadian Sport for Life continuum. PacificSport works collaboratively with the municipal, education, health and sport sectors to provide sport development opportunities and program for the local sport community. Together, we strive to provide purposeful program delivery that empowers our communities to play, participate and perform through sport.
As an integral member of the PacificSport Interior BC team, the Sport Performance Coordinator will champion the mission, vision and values of core programs with a goal of increasing sport performance opportunities throughout the Interior BC region. The Sport Performance Coordinator will report to the Executive Director and will provide the core PacificSport programs and services to registered athletes and coaches within the region.
Key Responsibilities and duties include:
- Develop, implement, and evaluation the menu of PacificSport programs and services for registered athletes and coaches.
- Plan, promote and deliver a series of educational sport seminars, courses, clinics, conferences and camps locally.
- Coordinated the regional delivery of the Pathways to Sport Excellence Conference, NCCP Competition Introduction, Competition Development and Professional Development courses.
- Plan, promote, deliver and support day-to-day operations for the IGNITE Athlete Development Program; provide oversight for the team of coaches and monitor the delivery of services to maintain or improve quality.
- Assist partner sports with hands-on delivery of special programs, events and camps as needed and provide educational opportunities for coaches and administrative teams.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and networking systems (e.g. newsletters, monthly meetings, coach/athlete database) with the local and regional sport communities.
- Assist with the gathering of program information and statistics including monthly and annual reporting for PacificSport and the Canadian Sport Institute Pacific.
- Supervise the execution of special projects related to PacificSport Interior BC performance programs.
- Maintain existing region/community partnerships and develop new relationships that support PacificSport’s mandate.
- Update and support day-to-day maintenance of the website content (all events, resources, news, IGNITE Program, NCCP, etc.)
- Plan, promote and deliver updates to social media (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) and general communications for the organization.
Demonstrated Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to foster a team atmosphere among staff, participants and volunteers
- Ability to work autonomously, take initiative, set priorities, organize work and make independent decisions
- Knowledge of the Canadian Sport for Life/Long Term Athlete Development Model
- Knowledge and proficiency in computer applications related to work
- Ability to interact effectively with the general public, volunteers, sport groups and organizations
- Ability to prepare and present plans, reports and submissions, both written and verbal
- Knowledge and experience maintaining and updating a website
- Knowledge and proficiency working with Social Media platforms (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram)
- Knowledge and proficiency working with regional database software
- Education, Experience and Certification
- Undergraduate or college degree or diploma in Sport Management, Kinesiology, Recreation or related field
- Experience in planning, organizing and promoting sport programs and events
- NCCP training/certification is an asset
- Experience with Drupal website platform is an asset
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal record check required
- Must be able to work in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to work some evenings/weekends when needed for programs and events
- Full time salary ($42,000 - $45,000 – based on a 35 hour work week)
- Benefit Package
- The Coordinator position is reviewed annually for renewal.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Executive Director, Carolynn Boomer, at email@example.com
PacificSport Interior BC
Tournament Capital Centre
910 McGill Road, Kamloops, BC
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, December 19th, 2018 by 4:00 pm (PST)