PLEASE NOTE: We do not have an official start date for the program. We are gathering expressions of interest at this time and will start the program once there is enough interest.
INDIGENOUS YOUTH ATHLETE TRAINING PROGRAM (AGES 13 – 20)
In partnership with Indigenous Sport, Physical Activity & Recreation Council (ISPARC), 10 athletes who have demonstrated the drive, skill and determination in their chosen sport will be selected to participate in a specialized Strength and Conditioning program with PacificSport Interior BC’s Performance Training Coaches. This program is designed to help the athletes take their performance to the next level and support them on the proper pathway to develop athletically and enhance their skills to reach their goals in sport excellence.
The program focuses on improving performance and injury prevention.
Sessions will include:
- Testing to assess performance measures pre, mid and post program.
- Weight training with a focus on proper technique.
- Agility training to increase the ability to explosively start, decelerate, change directionand accelerate again while maintaining control.
- Fundamental movement skills and motor pattern development.
- Mobility work
- Sports Psychology and team building sessions