Registered Coaches are eligible for programs and support services as well as professional development and travel grants.
Coaches qualify to be a "Registered Coach" in three ways:
- Be the designated "Regional Coach" by your Provincial/National Sport Organization and actively coaching a current PacificSport Nominated Targeted Athlete, AND must have NCCP accreditation in the old Levels 3 (minimum 3-4) or new NCCP Competition-Development context Trained (or equivalent)
- Be a currently enrolled ACD (Advanced Coaching Diploma) coach or an ACD (NCI-BC) alumni who remains actively coaching or involved in mentoring/training other coaches.
- Be designated as an IPS coach and receiving funding as a Provincial or Regional coach
If you have received a letter stating that you are eligbile, then please contact Sport Performance Coordinator to setup an intake meeting. This appointment will take approximately 30 minutes. At this time you will receive your PacificSport Interior BC card.
Registered Coach Benefits
Registered coaches may access the following benefits within their designated Region:
- FREE access to Sport Education Workshops & Webinars
- This excel spreadsheet can be used by coaches to develop a basic annual training plan. Click here to download tool
- Access to the FoodStuff & other Community Partner benefits & services
- Access to our PacificSport Interior BC Coach Travel Grant
- Performance Analysis Kits (DARTFISH, Digital Analysis)
- Field Testing Kits
- Performance Points and Coach Connect Newsletter
- Targeted professional development and NCCP education opportunities
- Fee for Service access to Sport Science and Medical experts through the SportMed Directory of Practitioners
- Check out this new NCCP Coach Education Grant where coaches can receive reimbursement for NCCP courses taken in our region