What is PACE?
For years, Navigate (NIDES), as one of BCs premier online learning schools, has been supporting high performance athletes, dancers and youth doing specialized training, by delivering courses outside the regular school timetable so that they can complete their high school program and graduate. Where regular schools struggle to provide flexibility and adapt to the extensive training, competition and performance requirements that are demanded of high performance athletes, we excel.
Not only do we get the need for a flexible learning schedule, we also know that the standard courses seldom reflect these student’s unique passions and interests. Enter PACE!
PACE students need the freedom and flexibility to tailor their education to establish their own path, pace, time and place for learning. They need courses that reflect their individual passions for sports and achievement at the highest levels. They need a community of support, encouragement and guidance that honours and accelerates their performance and academic goals. They need a school and program that “gets them.” This is why we created PACE.
PACE provides four distinct options for students, and it is supported by teachers, counsellors and community professionals that understand the unique demands of this lifestyle.
For more information, please go to our PACE Program Page @: www.navigatenides.com
1. Take Cross-Enrolled Courses Grades 8-12: BC Curriculum Delivered All Year Round
“Learning Any Time, Pace, Path & Place”
- Students continue to attend their regular middle or high school, but register with Navigate to take one or more courses (Grades 8-12) with Navigate PACE.Students complete the required and elective courses all year round including the summer months.
- Go to our website for specific information on our 8-9 and 10-12 cross enrolled courses: www.navigatenides.com
2. Full Time Student Athlete - Navigate PACE Program
- Students register full time with Navigate (NIDES) in the PACE program and complete all of the required and elective courses from grades 8-12 with the school
- Allows maximum flexibility for the students and parents to tailor learning around training and competition cycles each year.Students can complete one course at a time or as many as they would like to take when they would like to take them; advancing the student towards their high school graduation goals
- Students take one or more of our specialized PACE courses to personalize their learning and extend their preparation for post-secondary programs (see below).
3. Specialized PACE Courses Grade 10-12: Curriculum Designed for High Performance Athletes
- Students register for one or more of our unique PACE courses (core and electives) in grades 10-12 and apply these credits towards their graduation program at their home school or as full time PACE students at Navigate (NIDES).
- These courses include:
- Planning 10 for Athletes: Planning 10 designed for athletes, with assignments that reflect their needs and interests while completing the required Ministry learning outcomes for this course required for graduation
- Physical Education 10, 11, 12: Through this series of unique 20 week, four credit courses, students complete the provincial learning outcomes for Physical Education 10 (required), as well as PE 11 & 12 (electives)
- PACE Applied Skills 11: The development of a personal website to house your training plans, resume, a portfolio of achievements, major interests, training background and strategies for promotion to recruiters, scouts and schools
- PACE Independent Directed Studies 10-12: Two or four credit IDS courses co-designed by the student that allow for in depth research and understanding of a topic with the support and guidance of a teacher
- Sports & Entertainment Marketing 11: A four credit elective course that introduces students to the marketing fundamentals behind professional sports and entertainment, and directly shapes the lives of athletes and performers in these multi-billion dollar global industries
4. Career Coaching & Scholarship Guidance for Athletes & Parents: (Bill Green) Triple Play Athletics
TRIPLE PLAY ATHLETICS is an independent academic and athletic consulting company that specializes in helping student athletes reach their potential academically and athletically. TRIPLE PLAY ATHLETICS provides comprehensive Athletic Planning, Preparation and Promotional workshops for families and athletes to assist them in developing the knowledge, skills, behaviours and habits that will allow them to perform at the full potential.
- Through a series of specialized workshops, TPA founder, Bill Green (Retired Principal, SD 71), works with athletes and their parents to optimize their athletic, academic and scholarship potential.
- For more information go to: www.Tripleplayatheleticpromotion.com